Pages

16 April 2012

Going Through Changes...

While my car is in the shop, I have the pleasure of driving another car for a while. I did a little comparison just to see what the differences were. A side-by-side match-up after the jump.

First, let's start with the exterior. My temporary ride (the little truck) on top, with my car (Evelyn) on the bottom. The picture doesn't do the little truck justice: it is a fantastic shade of gold.

Don't act like your not impressed...
Now let's move on to the specs! Evelyn first, then the little truck in parenthesis.

Horsepower: 260 rwhp (90-93 rwhp)
Size of Engine: 4.6 L (2.0 L)
Top Speed: 145 mph (No way it ever tops 80)
Transmission: Manual 5-speed (Auto 3-speed)
Seats: 4 seats, black leather (2 seats, light brown fabric)
Stereo: 4 6" speakers with two 6" bass (2 speakers from 1986)
Radio: AM/FM/CD/MP3 (AM/FM... not even a tape player!)
Gas Mileage: 15City/23Hwy (19C/22H)
Curb Weight: 3417 lbs. (2518 lbs.)
0-60 time: 6.0 seconds (Way too long)

After merging onto the freeway multiple times today, I felt like I needed to explain myself to the cars behind me. I thought a subtle message on the back of the car would do the trick. Something like, "It doesn't go any faster", or "Oh yeah. It's the gold model... ladies...". Maybe, "Don't act like your not impressed..." Oh well. About a week and a half and counting until I get Evelyn back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you name your car Evelyn?

Draiden Hansler said...

She needed a name and Black Beauty was getting tiring to say. Evelyn seemed to fit and just rolls off the tongue so well. So it stuck.